- About Us
- Stay Connected
- Client Resources
- Client Login
- Contact Us
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as the Metals Supervisor!
Responsible for the overall management of personnel, instrumentation, samples, and analyses within the Metals Laboratory and for ensuring that samples are prepared and analyzed in an accurate and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must read, fully understand the context of, and work within the guidelines stated in the company Chemical Hygiene Plan.
- Must follow and enforce the rules and policies within the company handbook.
- Perform methodologies in strict accordance with company SOPs. Assist QAO with maintenance of SOPs, this includes the review and updating of current SOPs and the writing of new SOPs.
- Must possess a full understanding of the complex chemistries involved in the methods.
- Must be knowledgeable of and adhere to all Quality Assurance/Quality Control procedures specified within SOPs as well as the company Quality Assurance Plan.
- Must possess a working knowledge of all chemicals used by employees within his/her department.
- Must ensure a minimum amount of samples/work is being completed within a standardized period of time.
- Must possess and maintain a level of proficiency regarding analytical methods performed.
- Must ensure all paperwork, logbooks, etc. are properly completed and in a timely manner. Must ensure that paperwork is filed in a manner that insures document integrity and facilitates quick retrieval whenever necessary.
- Must ensure all data is entered, reviewed and approved in the company LIMS in a timely manner.
- Must monitor samples in LIMS for accuracy regarding the assignment of batches and analyses.
- Must possess sufficient knowledge of all pertinent software tools used in data analysis and reporting within his/her department(s).
- In cooperation with the Laboratory Manager, must determine and assess minimum work capacity for each laboratory test and/or position and ensure this capacity is consistently maintained in their department.
- Responsible for the overall organization of his/her department(s) (sample load and resource scheduling and resource procurement) and the direct administering of the personnel within his/her department(s).
- Must monitor and manage work (sample) load processed in his/her department(s) to ensure that all work is performed accurately and within normal and expedited turnaround times.
- May need to interact with clients on occasion to answer specific questions concerning analyses.
- Must follow and enforce proper sample handling and disposal procedures as stated in the company waste SOP.
- Must oversee the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and ensure that it is maintained in a reliable operating condition. Must review maintain logs and ensure all maintenance is properly documented.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Oral and Written Communication
- Mechanical aptitude
- Mathematical aptitude
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Personal computing – Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Database
- Degree: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- Major: Chemistry or any related scientific/engineering discipline
- Other: Minimum 30 credit hours in chemistry
Note: 5 years of analytical experience in conjunction with an Associate’s Degree and 8 chemistry credits can be substituted for education requirements.
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements:
- Working standing for extended periods of time and some possible lifting
- Laboratory working conditions include but are not limited to: Instrument is in prep lab where samples and chemicals are handled regularly.
- The hours for this position are from Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm.